Calling all rock bands! Would you like to perform at the next Bothell Rocks concert? Read the rules below, get your band together, make a video of your band performing, and apply! Registration will be open in late September.
Not in a band? You have time to form one. Don’t play an instrument? We need other talent too! We will need someone, or a group, to host the event. We can also use stand-up comedians or other talent that can entertain the audience between band sets.
- This event is not a talent show. We are looking for rock bands. However, we will also consider other types of talent to perform during a band transition. Comedians and solo/duo performers, this is your chance!
- Bands must consist of 3+ performers who primarily play traditional rock instruments (drums, guitars, keyboards, bass, etc.)
- Band members must be no more than 19 years old (exceptions will be considered); at least one band member in each band must be a student attending a Northshore school.
- Bands are encouraged to perform at least one original song during their set.
- Band members are encouraged to have a 20-25 minute set. Once the line-up is known, bands will be provided with a maximum set time and performers agree to not exceed the maximum time.
- No profanity in lyrics will be permitted. All songs must be appropriate for all ages. Lyrics to songs as they will be performed might also be requested.
- All performers must be available for sound checks starting at 3pm on the day of the concert.
- All performers will need to agree to abide by the rules. Bands and other performers who follow the rules will be promoted on the BothellRocks.com website and Facebook page, and possibly elsewhere.
- If your band is interested, have one band member complete the registration form below before the deadline. Your band will also need to provide us with a link to a video of the band performing a song or two. The registration will ask you for the link to this video, so have it ready. YouTube links are fine. (If you are unable to post a video, leave the video link field blank when registering; we will follow-up with you on other options to get your music to us for consideration.) The video may be used to help determine which bands will be invited to perform, so do your best!
In addition to rock bands, it will take other performers to make the show successful. We need talent to entertain the audience during the 10-15 minutes band transitions. Perhaps you are an aspiring comedian and can perform a stand-up routine, or perhaps you are a talented solo musician? Consider becoming part of this year’s cast and apply!
Application for Rock Bands and Other Entertainers
Registration for Bothell Rocks 2017 will be open in late September.
Questions or comments? Send an email to the Bothell Rocks Committee chair, producer @ bothellrocks.com.
This activity is not sponsored nor endorsed by the Northshore School District or any of its schools. The district assumes no responsibility for the conduct during or the safety of the activities. Northshore School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action, claim, or petition filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials including attorney’s fees and judgment or awards.